Venus Blood Gaia is a turn-based strategy erogame with deep gameplay, a surprisingly engaging story, and a healthy serving of tentacle ero and corruption.
Raising the bar for gameplay eroge
Introducing Venus Blood Gaia
The gameplay of Gaia is similar to Venus Blood Abyss: as Teofrand you breed soldiers to defend your labyrinth from invading enemies. The labyrinth is customizable with a variety of rooms that generate resources, damage enemies, and buff your soldiers. This labyrinth is progressively developed over the course of the game; 3 floors are available at the start, with 3 more floors unlocked via construction level upgrades. Resources include gold for building rooms, ether for creating custom seeds to unlock new units, and food and magic for creating and deploying units. Units gain XP and can synergize in a variety of ways when arranged in a party; arranging units together to form cohesive teams is a core element of battle strategy. Troops are bred by combining seeds gained from defeating enemies, which can be combined in various ways to yield different troop types with custom abilities. Bred soldiers can be further customized with unique abilities by spending additional seeds. Troops can also be equipped with two pieces of equipment each for an added layer of customization.
The Venus Blood games are nowhere near as hard as Sengoku Rance, though Gaia cranks up the difficulty a notch compared to earlier entries; some of the bosses in Normal difficulty can be quite punishing if you don't have strong units.
The Call Screen
Pros:- Engaging main storyline that doesn't rely on saving the world through the power of friendship.
- Optional event-based storylines for each heroine, one focusing on friendship/romance, and the other focused on sexual corruption
- Deep turn-based strategy gameplay that combines dungeon defense, RPG-like unit progression and customization, resource management.
- Loaded with content that will keep players busy for 50+ hours for a single playthrough, with a high degree of replay value.
Cons:- Barrage of optional sex scenes in late-game interferes with the pacing.
- Heavy focus on coerced sex may be a turn-off for some (and a delight for others).
- Currently only in Japanese.